You are still able to have a Tradie attend your home or office, however, you need to use commonsense and abide by all government Guidelines. With daily constant change being instigated by the government at Federal and State level you need to monitor and comply with all recommended practices.
Take the time to chat with your Tradie, to clearly understand mutual respect and that you will interact in a manner that promotes the health and well-being of each other.
The homeowner can:
- If occupants at your home are contagious, unwell or otherwise at risk discuss this with your tradie and look at rescheduling.
- Ask your tradie if he has any symptoms or is unwell
- Maintain 1.5m social distancing from the trade
- Ensure no other persons are present in the area the tradie is working
- Do not shake the tradies hand.
- Make hand washing facilities and disinfectant readily available and insist on its use
- Open windows and doors to permit free airflow
- Pay the tradie with a credit card, or direct bank deposit, to avoid the handling of cash
The Tradie can:
- Reschedule if you are unwell
- Request the customer to video call you (e.g. FaceTime, Skype, WhatsApp) and show you the issue. You may be able to better price the job and ensure that when you go to site you have all the materials required.
- Maintain 1.5m social distancing from the customer
- Decline to shake hands, your customer will respect this
- Regularly wash your hands and use disinfectant, carry your own alcohol based hand sanitiser
- Wear gloves
- Cough or sneeze into a handkerchief
- Consider a face mask
- Clean and wipe his tools down with a disinfectant cloth – before and after the job
- Update your HIREtrades business profile to inform customers of any special COVID-19 procedures you may be implementing
What trades are most in-demand?
Demand will continue to exist for urgent and emergency trades. Some trades that fit into this category include;
Loss of power and safety switch tripping issues can strike anytime. With many households having more food in storage you cannot afford power interruption to our freezers.
Hot water system failure, burst water pipes etc will still see us needing a local plumber to respond and repair.
As careful as we are locking ourselves out of the house, or losing keys, these risks remain. It may be wise to have ready access to spare keys stored off-premises.
You what can I do if I have an urgent tradie requirement?
HIREtrades continues to operate 24/7. All you need to do is post a job online or download our app. We will alert local tradies that service your area and you can expect to get up to three free quotes. Be specific with your requirements and provide photos. More information makes it easier for the tradie to understand if he is the right person for your needs, and provide more accurate price estimates.
Just remember that in these challenging times many tradies have shut down or reduced operations. Be prepared to be flexible with your tradie and expect delays. The tradie may also experience issues with material suppliers that may have time and cost implications.
Receive up to 3 free quotesPost a job