Building sturdy fences can help increase the security system of your property. Likewise, using the best fence paint colours can improve the overall visual appeal of your house.
Taking inspiration from various fence colour ideas online (and offline) is important to guide you in your selection. For instance, outdoor space designs that properly blend with the best fence paint colours make the area more catchy and attractive.
Consider these few tips as you pick the right colour for your fence system.
- How do you like your fence to be displayed: as a background or a feature? Determining your objective makes the selection process easier.
- Any type of shade that’s similar to your garden or landscape schemes can be less effective. Aesthetic-wise, it can be less appealing to match the colour of your front or backyard fence with your existing plants. Doing so will less likely to catch one’s attention and contribute to increasing the cosmetic aspect of the house. On another note, painting your fence in contrast to your garden gives proper emphasis on the greens and enhances the look and feel of your outdoor area.
- Choosing light colours over dark shades can trick the area to appear more spacious. Houses with small gardens can use lighter shades such as white or grey undertones.
- A bigger outdoor space, on the other hand, often makes use of darker colours. Most painting companies prefer darker hues such as charcoals and dark blues to make the garden more noticeable. However, your choice is still what matters.
- See that you perform a sample test on your fence to give you an idea of the outcome when your preferred colour is applied. Choose a portion that has a particular plant or foliage in front to check if the selected colour works well.
The style and colours of your home also influence your decision. Creating a contrasting effect can be an efficient way to make a statement and appear to be more inviting. For instance, if you’re planning to paint your house white, you can make your front fence look darker. You can also complement it with your roof colour and use a different shade or tone.
How do you decide on the best fence paint colours if you’re sharing it with a neighbour?
Get to know your neighbour’s preferred colour for your fence painting project to come up with a beautiful combination. Collaborating with them increases the chance for them to consider your preference and adopt your idea.
Seek Professional Recommendation
The most relevant fence colour ideas often come from a series of trial and error. But you don’t have to end up with this process. Not only will it be a waste of money, but also of time and energy.
As a homeowner, it’s beneficial to know the foundation of choosing the best fence paint colours to use. In this way, you get to acquire the right structure with high functional and aesthetic qualities. A reliable fence painting consultant and contractor can also provide relevant tips and tricks to spearhead the project.
Likewise, visiting the nearest hardware store can be a big help to check some sample colours and make comparisons. Be sure to consider the exterior part of your house to achieve the best mixture of colours.
Find Professional Fencing Services near you
For Fence Painting services and any other Fencing needs such as repair and maintenance, contact and hire a Professional Fencing Expert near you:
HIREtrades is a one-stop online marketplace for connecting consumers and businesses, covering 200+ trades and serving all states across Australia. Visit our dedicated Painters page or Get A Quote by filling out our quick and easy form.