Bathroom vanities have 2 distinct benefits: effective storage and amazing décor. This is the reason vanities become an important necessity in every household’s bathroom.
Not to mention that it becomes one of the most favourite DIY projects. Do you want to know how to install bathroom vanity plumbing yourself? Here’s a complete guide how:
How to install bathroom vanity plumbing?
Before jumping into the first step on how to install bathroom vanity plumbing, you must first consider the material types of vanity you want to have on your bathroom. The two popular choices for vanity materials are:
- Wood is always a great choice for any kinds of furniture. But since the vanity is always exposed to water and humidity, make sure to choose best grade solid wood (e.g. oak or maple) because they are very durable.
- The composite material is commonly composed of a special type of plastic. This became popular because it is resistant to scratch, cost-effective, waterproof, and can last much longer than other vanity materials. One of the good composite materials is Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC).
What tools do you need for bathroom vanity plumbing?
- Carpenter’s level
- Electronic stud finder
- Drill with screwdriver bits
- Plumbing Fixture
- Shims (wood or metal)
- Silicone/Caulk gun & sealant
- Tape measure
- Vanity set/kit
Bathroom Vanity Plumbing Pre-installation process
Firstly, shut the main water switch OFF. After shutting it off, place a container under the vanity’s main pipe to ensure that no water will spill out from the floor. Once the pipes are drain fully, you can remove the old vanity.
Please note that this process is only applicable for renovating existing bathroom. For a new house, go straight to the first step on how to install bathroom vanity plumbing.
- The first step is to now locate the studs on your wall. This is one of the most important steps on how to install a bathroom vanity plumbing because this will prevent problems. These problems are accidentally drilling water or electrical lines. You can find the studs by using a specialised tool like an electronic stud finder.
- The second step, once you locate all the studs, you can mark it down and level the new vanity against the wall. This is to mark the height of the vanity on the back wall.
- The third step on how to install a bathroom vanity plumbing is to level the new vanity against the wall. Upon getting it to the right position, secure it by screwing it on the wall.
- Once you successfully secured the vanity, you can now place and sealed the countertop and all the plumbing fixtures.
- The final step on how to install a bathroom vanity plumbing is connecting back all the plumbing pipes. Once everything is hooked up, turn the main water switch ON and inspect carefully for leaks or any possible errors.
Note: If you are planning to install backsplash or tiles on top of your vanity, you must do it before switching the main water switch ON.
A bathroom vanity is versatile furniture. And just any other furniture in the house, bathroom vanity also reflects the owner’s personality and style. So, for the final touch always make sure to add a touch of your style and good taste to ensure a great quality result.
If you don’t have the time to install your bathroom vanity yourself, HIREtrades can assist you in finding the right plumber.
HIREtrades is a one-stop online marketplace for connecting consumers and businesses, covering 200+ trades and serving all states across Australia. Visit our dedicated Plumbers page or Get A Quote by filling out our quick and easy form.
Receive up to 3 free quotesPost a job