What trades are in high demand?
Construction-related trades are the most in-demand of trades. The top three trades in construction are electricians, plumbers, and painters.
Aside from being in-demand, these jobs are the highest paying trades as well. This is because of the low number of tradies offering these services. Offering higher compensation is one of the solutions most companies offer to attract more people to join the industry.
Many probably wouldn’t be surprised to know that the most in-demand trades belongs to the construction industry and this is because those trades are common solutions for every residential and commercial establishment problems. But the truth is construction-related trades are not always stable in the market. It could spike up and then down after quite some time.
But this 2018, companies are seeing a good future for all the tradies in the construction industry. The reasons are stated per trades:
The main reason electricians are in demand is because everything (almost) is powered by electricity nowadays. This means that the comfort and efficiency of the house or industrial building’s functions lie in it. Though electricity can provide good benefits, it can also provide harm to everyone. The common electrical problems are light fixtures often getting burned, circuit overload, and electrical shocks.
To prevent accidents or any inconveniences, it’s highly recommended to call a reliable electrician. The electrician’s popular scope of work includes the following:
- Planning the building’s electrical system – design and implementation.
- Regular repairs and maintenance of electrical devices and fixtures.
- For older houses or industrial buildings, rewiring jobs are being offered to ensure it meets the latest standards and safety regulation.
- Installation and maintenance of safety switches. This is to ensure that all electronic devices are protected from a sudden power surge and damaged wiring cables.
- Electrical data cabling jobs to ensure smart homes or industrial establishment will work properly.
- Installation, repair, and maintenance of emergency-related equipment or devices.
- If you have solar power, an electrician can do the installation as well.
Please note that all electricians in Australia are licensed and certified. This will guarantee that all the work carried out is in accordance with the latest electrical installation/maintenance/repair guide and safety regulation.
Another important part of every residential and industrial building is the plumbing system. This is important because it has a huge impact on people’s health and safety. Professional plumbers’ main priority is to give everyone a hygienic and healthy atmosphere to live in. The basic plumbing problems are burst water pipes, leaks in gas and water systems, and cleaning of drains and gutters. The plumber’s popular scope of work includes the following:
- Installation and repair of toilet fixture, hot water systems (manual and solar), and faucets
- Installation and replacement of old plumbing system
- Interprets the building specifications and blueprints
- Assembly and installation of fittings and valves
Just like with electricians, professional plumbers are required to acquire all necessary licences and certifications for them to be qualified to perform the above-mentioned jobs.
Painting may seem to be a simple job with a simple purpose – interior and exterior beautification. But that’s not true at all! Painting is a complex job because tradies must ensure that they apply the paint properly, wallpaper, and other finishes as this will maintain and protect the buildings and structures surfaces. The common painting problems are mildew, paint blisters, galvanised metal peeling, and tear and wear.
Aside from painting responsibilities, other responsibilities include the following:
- Preparation and clean-up tasks of the job site
- Removal and installation of old paint, priming, and final painting touches
- Must have a thorough knowledge of colour theory
Unlike the first two trades, professional painters only require certifications and not licences. The only time a professional painter needs a licence is when he/she accept jobs amounting to $1,000.
HIREtrades is a one-stop online marketplace for connecting consumers and businesses, covering 200+ trades and serving all states across Australia. Visit our dedicated homepage or Get A Quote by filling out our quick and easy form.