After considering all the contributing factors that affect the overall cost of reupholstering, the next step is to ask the upholsterers and inquire about their reupholstery prices.
Upholsterers normally provide price quotes upon knowing the size of work and other requirements involved.
To give you an idea, here’s a list of the average cost that upholsterers charge to homeowners.
Reupholstery prices that professional upholsterers charge
1. Simple reupholstery covers minor replacement of fabric, springs, padding or webbing strips. Upholsterer charge homeowners depending on the materials’ quantity that is required for the replacement. But the usual reupholstery prices for furniture starts at $250 (conventional furniture), and $450 (vintage pieces).
2. Cushion reupholstery prices range from $17.50 up to $250 per piece. The prices may only increase depending to the size of the cushion and on the type of fillings, you want to stuff into the cushion. It’s ideal to clarify this to the upholsterer before starting the job.
3. The price for reupholstering dining room chairs starts from $35 up to $100 per piece. These reupholstery prices only covered the seat part. If you want to have the back re-upholstered as well, the cost will start at $45.
Note: The fabric is not included on the price. You need to add $20 or above (depending on the quality) per yard. If the chair has a standard size, the required fabric size you need is around 7 yards.
3. For footstools or ottoman, upholsterer usually charges their customers starting at $95.
4. Reupholstering recliners are much costly compared to couches. The work is much complex as upholsterers need to work on its framework, mechanism, padding and leather materials. For this reason, upholsterers usually charge their customers starting at $500 per piece. If it contains design such as a tufted tub, there will be an additional cost for it.
5. For reupholstering lounges, the prices will vary on the lounge type, design, and size.
- Chiase lounge costs $550
- 3-Piece lounge suite costs $1,250
- Outdoor lounge with Chiase costs $1,750
6. Reupholstering single-bed heads cost starts from $150. The increase on price will vary on the type of bed heads to reupholster (timber or metal) and size of it.
Please note that the above reupholstering prices may still change depending on the upholsterers’ preference. Upholsterers set their reupholstery prices differently. There are some who will include on their prices all the work required and materials to use. But there are also some who based their service prices in accordance with their experience level. It’s best to clarify all of these matter to the upholsterer before hiring them.
Featured Photo Courtesy of meubelenenmeer via Pixabay
HIREtrades is a one-stop online marketplace for connecting consumers and businesses, covering 200+ trades and serving all states across Australia. Visit our dedicated Upholstery Repair page or Get A Quote by filling out our quick and easy form.
Receive up to 3 free quotesPost a job