Building Surveyors Near You
A building surveyor plays a crucial role in ensuring that the structural condition of any construction project is safe for its inhabitants and the neighbourhood it’s located in. That’s why you have to make sure you hire a professional who has these important qualities:
- Comprehensive technical knowledge and/or skills are essential in a building surveyor role. A good understanding of basic civil engineering, architecture, electrical, plumbing and other structural necessities if needed so that a building surveyor will know what to look for when inspecting a building construction.
- Problem-solving skills are also vital in a building surveyor – as it’s part of their job to be the first-responder when a problem arises in a construction project. Once they are aware of a problem, their problem-solving skills will lead them to delegate the task to the expert in charge.
- Communication skills are important since the building surveyor often acts as a conduit between property owners and construction professionals. A building surveryor should be able to communicate any vital information coherently and completely so that no one involved in the project is left in the dark.
What is a Building Surveyor?
A building surveyor is a professional involved in construction projects where their primary job responsibility is to ensure that a building follows a safe and habitable structure and design. Their role is most often appreciated when inspecting building defects, alterations, or renovations.
A private building surveyor works alongside many different professionals – engineers, architects, carpenters, and anybody involved in construction. Building surveyors familiarize themselves with state building regulations and standards to ensure that everything is followed according to the building code of Australia.
Building surveyor cost is usually charged per hour, based on location – $95/hour in Queensland, $140/hour in New South Wales, and $165/hour in Victoria.
Hire a local tradie
Duties of a Building Surveyor
The typical duties of building surveyor services include the following:
- Troubleshooting and advising property owners about building or property issues
- Undertaking building surveys or quality control inspections
- Regular monitoring of assigned construction projects
- Writing technical reports
- Assessing impact on unexpected damage from natural disasters such as fire or flood.
- Architectural work for smaller building projects
Get Quotes from a Building Surveyor Near You
Requesting quotes from a building surveyor will require a lot of details on your end, and you can probably get the most accurate quotation when they can physically inspect your property and make their assessment onsite. However, if you would like to receive a rough estimate before deciding who to hire then HIREtrades is an excellent resource for professional building surveyor services.
Post your project details on HIREtrades – it’s best to always be thorough, detailed, and honest – this will avoid miscommunications and conflict that may arise even before you find someone to hire. Once your project is posted on the HIREtrades app or at hiretrades.com.au, our system will alert our wide network of qualified professionals within your area. It’s also a good idea to hire someone near you to lessen any logistical issues in the future.
At HIREtrades, we allow you to receive up to 3 FREE quotes for every project that you post. Get started and find your building surveyor on HIREtrades today.