Keep in mind that like every other construction project, several factors affect concrete stenciling cost. Here we’ll break down those varying factors to help provide you with an idea of how much budget you should set aside for a concrete stencil project.
Standard costs are the following:
- Stencilled concrete cost is usually priced per square metre – ranging from $45 to $65 per m2
- On average, the cost for a completed stencil concrete driveway is around $3,000 to $4,500.
- Price range may vary depending on the complexity of the design, materials and equipment to be used, colours, labour, logistics, and other factors.
You must also consider the amount of work required. Naturally, working from scratch – as in pouring a new layer of concrete – will cost more than just stencil concrete resurfacing. In this case, the cement overlay cost is the first expense you will incur in your stencilling project.
Looking for ConcreterPost a job
What is Concrete Stenciling?
Concrete by itself can look tired and boring – it does not add anything to your home aesthetic other than being a sturdy surface where your home stands. Concrete stencilling is one way to add life to your home exterior – it can give your concrete floors a little bit of flair and personality.
Concrete stencilling is done by laying concrete stencil patterns or designs that can be brush-painted, sprayed or stamped on the concrete surface. The concrete stencil pattern is removed once it is dried, leaving an imprint. There are plenty of design variations that you can choose from.
Stenciling concrete is not limited to driveways, but can also be done on patios, decks or even on your interior floor. An experienced professional can provide you with expert recommendations to determine which stencil design works best for your home.
Our Favourite Stencil Design Ideas
The best thing about concrete stencil designs is that there are endless possibilities for as long as your contractor has sufficient experience, knowledge and creativity.
Here we’ve gathered some of our favourite stencil design ideas that could serve as your inspiration for your concrete stencilling project:
Festive Moroccan Design
Adding colour to a basic concrete floor is what Moroccan-inspired stencil designs are for. A Moroccan painted floor can replicate the look of beautiful and intricate Moroccan tiles at the fraction of the cost.
Vintage or Shabby Chic
Concrete stencilling on as-is floors achieves that classic worn-out look that can give your floor a tad more character. This can also come out cheaper since you’ll be working on old floors – just make sure the floors are sturdy and polished enough to make the design last longer.
Sometimes, less is more – you don’t even have to worry about painting the entire floor surface with concrete overlay stencilling. Edges trimmed with stencilled borders have that simple elegance that makes a statement without being over the top.
If you’ve been contemplating on having a portion of your floor carpeted or covered with an area rug – consider having it stencilled for lower maintenance and cost-effectiveness in the long run. You can even follow an exact area rug pattern and have that permanently imprinted with concrete spraying or by using a stencil brush for more ornate details.
What Are The Benefits of Concrete Stenciling?
Have you ever walked into a fully furnished room yet still find it lacking something to make it feel more alive?
The truth is, an empty room with an interesting stencil design can look a lot more lively than a busy room with plain floors. Concrete floor stencils can help you achieve that perfect balance of colour and space without filling the room with a whole lot of stuff.
By having patterns and textures on the floor you don’t have to sacrifice floor space to make a room look more interesting. A driveway stencil or design on your home’s front exterior will have that same welcoming feeling because colour gives your home a bit more warmth.
Can you imagine a spray concrete driveway or a stamped concrete driveway beside a plain-looking driveway? It’s a no-brainer that the home with more colour from the outside looks happier and more willing to entertain guests.
Hire a Concrete Stenciling Expert NowPost a job
Factors that Affect the Cost of Concrete Stenciling
Concrete stenciling is customised per project, which means there are several factors that are considered for cost. Here are some of the basic cost considerations, on top of labour and area cost:
- Concrete preparation cost – concrete overlay and stencil concrete resurfacing
- Design cost
- Material and equipment cost – this varies based on the type of concrete surface and type of stencilling to be done (stencil brush, spray, stamp and other methods)
- Logistics, insurance, documentation and other basic requirements
Choosing a Concrete Stenciling Expert
Choosing the right man to do your concrete stenciling just requires a little bit of research, if you want to lessen some issues that may arise. Here are some tips to help you choose who to hire for the job:
- Experience is certainly a driving factor. Go into more detail by looking at some photos of their previous work. This way you will be able to see if their design style matches your own.
- Make sure to check if they have complete legal requirements like professional licenses and insurance. You never want to run into legal obstacles, no matter how good or talented the person is.
- Set a budget you can work around with. This way you can choose the most appropriate contractor who can adjust according to your budget range.
- Interview some prospects, check online reviews and ask for recommendations to help you make an informed decision.
How to Hire a Concrete Stencilling Expert via HIREtrades
HIREtrades is an excellent resource that can help you find a professional contractor who can do your concrete stencilling project. Just post the details of your project at HIREtrades so that local tradies can submit a quote based on your requirements. You may also download our app on Google Play or App Store for a convenient booking.
At HIREtrades, you can get up to 3 FREE quotes from qualified professionals. Post your concrete stencil project on HIREtrades today.
Receive up to 3 free quotesPost a job