The total installation cost for a flat pack kitchen can go as low as $2,000, or as high as $14,000 for higher-end models.
Various factors affect the total cost of a flat pack kitchen – size, materials, components, and manufacturer, to name a few. For example, the average cost of a flatpack kitchen in Ikea is more often cheaper than those at Bunnings. But even the most expensive flat pack kitchen setup in Bunnings is still the more affordable option if you compare it with the total cost of a custom kitchen. This is why flat pack kitchens are a popular renovation choice for families on a budget.
Flat Pack Kitchen Cost per City
The average cost of a flat pack kitchen also varies per city. Below are some figures to give you an idea of how much to shell out depending on where you live:
|City||Average Flat Pack Cost|
|Sydney||$2,500 – $10,000|
|Melbourne||$1,800 – $12,000|
|Brisbane||$4,000 – $10,000|
|Canberra||$4,000 – $9,000|
|Perth||$2,000 – $12,000|
Ikea vs Bunnings Flat Pack Kitchen Cost
Ikea and Bunnings are two of the most popular suppliers of flat pack kitchens in Australia, both offering a variety of flat pack kitchen packages and designs to choose from. However, Ikea models are found to be the more affordable option – with flat kitchen prices at $1000 lower than those at Bunnings.
Each store offers some exclusive benefits to its buyers. Refer to the table below for the differences between an Ikea flat pack kitchen to one from Bunnings:
|Brand of Flat Pack||Benefits||Average Cost|
|Ikea||– Ready to assemble
– Easier to install
|– $5,000 for a basic flat pack kitchen setup
– $1,200 for installation
|Bunnings||– Can be designed online
– Includes a 10-year warranty
|– $6,000 for a basic flat pack kitchen setup
– Plus add-on costs depending on size and materials
Factors That Affect The Cost of a Flat Pack Kitchen Installation
Like a custom kitchen renovation or remodelling project, there are also several factors that may affect the total cost of installing a flat pack kitchen. As kitchen cost breakdowns are identified per part or area in the kitchen, the same principle is also followed in a flat pack kitchen installation.
- Size – The kitchen area size is the main factor that determines the cost. Naturally, the larger the area size, the more materials are needed – ergo, the more money it will cost. In general, smaller-sized flat pack kitchens are about $600, while the minimum cost for a large flat pack kitchen should be around $2,000.
- Type – Modular/off the shelf flat pack kitchens are pre-measured and made – these types are available at a lower cost. Flat pack kitchens with custom measurements are higher in value.
- Design – The simplicity or complexity of the kitchen design is also another factor that affects the cost. Wall cabinets with added features such as double-sided boards, drawer glides, and others will have a higher price point than basic kitchen cabinets.
- Timeframe – Professional installers usually charge by the hour for labour. The longer it would take for a tradesman to install your kitchen, the higher the labour cost.
Hiring a Flat Pack Kitchen Installer
A flat pack kitchen installation should not take too long, however, it is still more advisable to call a professional to ensure no errors or hassles on your end. When you’re ready to have your flat pack kitchen installed, HIREtrades is here to give you access to a large network of professional installers who can do the job for you.
Just post the details of your project – the kitchen size, type of flat pack kitchen, number of base cabinets and wall cabinets needed, and all other significant information on the HIREtrades’ site. Once your project is posted, HIREtrades find you professional installers in your area, so that those who are interested can send you a quote for the project. The average labour cost to expect from a kitchen installer should be around $45 to $55 per hour.
Receive up to 3 free quotesPost a job