Termites are highly destructive. It is advisable to have your home treated by professionals. For an average-sized home, the termite treatment cost is around $300 to $3,500 depending on the type of treatment used.
The first step to having a termite-free household is to arrange for a professional termite inspection. It will help determine the type of treatment needed and its cost. Termite inspection cost varies between $250 to $350.
- Spray termite treatment may cost between $330 and $660
- Termite baiting costs around $2500 to $3500
- Soil treatment can cost between $2500 and $3500. This kind of treatment is a long-lasting way to keep the termites away from home.
This article outlines the labour prices charged by pest control professionals, factors that affect the termite treatment cost, different termite treatment options and their prices, and some tips on how to avoid termite infestation.
Termite Control Service Cost
Pest control service providers specialising in termite treatment can charge an average rate of $52 per hour, ranging between $35 and $65 per hour.
Professionals in termite prevention and removal can charge per hour, but termite treatment cost still varies depending on several factors, including the type of service and treatment used for a particular termite situation.
|New South Wales||$55|
Seeking professional solutions for your termite problems is an effective way to detect and treat termites. For accurate termite treatment prices, look for pest controllers that use termite management system and ask for free quotes.
Factors that Affect the Cost of a Termite Treatment Job
A number of factors play a vital role in affecting the termite treatment cost.
The extent of the termite infestation
If the property is already swarmed with termites and extreme structural damage, the cost for termite treatment and removal will increase. Treatment methods have to be adjusted according to the severity of the infestation.
Looking for Termite Treatment Expert?Post a job
A house infested with an old nest or termite colony will have more damages which will cost more because of the intense termite treatments.
House layout and construction
The way the house was built will affect your termite treatment price. Trenching and access traps are required for homes with sub-floors. Pest control professionals need to consider the house’s layout before treating the area.
Some types of foundation such as monolithic slabs would require specialised termite treatment procedures, whereas a home with two slabs laid next to each other is also at risk of having a termite infestation.
Type of termite treatment or method
Have a termite inspection done by a professional pest control service provider to determine what type of treatment should be applied in your home. The type of treatment used will affect the cost of termite treatment.
The area of the house
A larger house with more space and affected areas will require more inspection time, more termite chemicals for termite protection, and more labour to complete the treatment.
Cost of Different Termite Treatments
What is the termite treatment that best suits your situation? Termite treatment cost can vary between $300 to $3,500. The different termite treatment options and their costs are:
Quick Fix Solution
A quick termite treatment using a termite spray, dust, or foam on the affected area can cost between $300 to $700. This only treats the specific spot where termites live.
Termite Baiting System
Termite baiting cost ranges between $2500 to $3500 and this includes servicing, monitoring, and baiting for one year. There is an additional $800 to $900 each year to maintain the termite baits.
Hire Termite Treatment Expert near you!Post a job
Chemical termite barrier includes trenching around the perimeter of the house and treating the soil around the entire structure to form a treated zone.
Termite barrier cost ranges between $2500 to $3500. It is effective for termite extermination and is proven to stop termites from feeding on your property.
How to Avoid Termite Infestation Within Your Area
How do you keep termites out of your property? Termite prevention can help you avoid having structural damage to your home and a high termite treatment cost. Here are tips to prevent a termite infestation:
- Keep shrubs near your home well-trimmed. Plants and landscapes attract termites. Allow at least a few inches between the plants or shrubbery and the external wall of your home.
- Control the moisture within your property because termites are attracted to damp places. Ensure that your drainage works well and there are no leakages.
- Regularly inspect wood products or furniture which can be infested with termites. As much as possible, store wood products in termite-resistant areas like stone or metal.
- Inspect your lawn regularly. If you detect a termite nest, it is advisable to call a professional pest controller to immediately apply termite treatment to your home.
- When doing home improvements, make sure that any wood that you add in your property is treated with termite chemicals for termite protection.
- Have a professional do regular termite inspections in your home. They will know where to find the termites and how to treat them. Ensure that termite protection is built into the structure of the house.
Follow these tips to avoid termite infestation. Look for professional pest controllers to provide termite protection and the most suitable termite treatment for your needs.
Australia’s most trusted trades provider, HIREtrades, will help you get 3 free quotes from pest control professionals with termite treatment options.
Receive up to 3 free quotesPost a job