Professional bed bug removal cost ranges from $120 to $700 or more if you’d like to add anti-bedbug treatments to prevent future infestation. The prices vary depending on your location in Australia, with hourly prices $50 in New South Wales, or $100 per hour in Victoria.
What Are Bed Bugs?
Bed bugs are tiny, oval, brownish insects that feed off the blood of humans and animals. They like hiding undetected in mattresses, couches, bed frames, or headboards, where they wait until the night to come out and bite a human whilst they’re asleep. Bed bug bites cause painful and itchy bumps or welts on your skin.
Bedbug eggs are small and difficult to exterminate, and a bedbug infestation can become magnified in a short period if it is not dealt with right away. Your best bet would be to hire a bed bug exterminator who can administer professional treatment all over the house, especially potential habitats for these pests.
Bed Bug Removal Cost in Australia
How much does bed bug extermination cost in different parts of Australia? As there are different prices in labour and pesticide cost, the total price range varies depending on where you are.
The table below will give you an idea of the average bed bug removal cost in various Australian cities:
|City||Average Bed Bug Removal Cost|
|Sydney||$50 per hour|
|Melbourne||$100 per hour|
|Perth||$550 total average|
|Brisbane||$400 to $1,600|
These prices are based on standard-size furniture, and there may be a major price difference depending on how deep your bed bug problem is. In some cases, there may be a need for a 2nd or 3rd round of extermination to permanently get rid of the bed bug infestation.
What Affects The Cost of Bed Bug Removal?
The total cost of bed bug removal can be affected by these factors:
- The number of bed bug-infested rooms can multiply at an alarming rate. It’s best to eradicate bed bugs in all corners of your house, all rooms, nooks, and crannies to ensure that you’ll stop the spread before it gets worse. Naturally, treating more than 1 room will cost a little more – but it will be worth it.
- Pest Control Expert or bed bug cleaning services offer different kinds of pest control treatment types, and these also vary in total cost. Heat and chemical treatment are usually the cheapest, while fumigation is the most expensive.
- How severe is the infestation? As mentioned previously, a more severe infestation may require a 2nd or 3rd round of bed bug treatment, and therefore will cost you a little more cash.
- How frequently does your home get infested? Regular inspections and treatments may seem too costly at first, but they will soon prove to be a worthwhile investment especially in keeping your home free of pests and your family safe and comfortable.
Bed Bug Extermination Prices by Treatment Type
There are various types of professional treatments to have bed bugs removed from your home, each with its pros and cons. Below is a table of estimated costs per type of treatment:
|Treatment Type||Average cost per square metre|
|Chemicals & Pesticides||$30|
How To Hire a Bed Bug Pest Controller
A bed bug infestation is a serious matter and has to be treated right away by a professional. But before you go hiring the first pest control company you see, you must make sure you get your money’s worth by taking note of the following considerations:
- Check all licences and permits, and make sure that all their documents are updated.
- Ask specifically about bed bugs and not just pests in general. There may be different pest control procedures depending on what pests you need to exterminate.
- Ask about their treatment types, as well as any adverse effects that you must be aware of. Keep in mind that most chemical treatments or fumigation procedures may be harmful to humans and pets if applied incorrectly.
- Request for quotes from at least 3 pest control companies to ensure that you are getting the best price and the best value.
You can use HIREtrades to help you find a professional pest management company in your area. By just posting your requirements, the HIREtrades system alerts the qualified tradies near you to request a quote for your pest control needs.
The first 3 quotes are FREE so go ahead and download the HIREtrades or post at hiretrades.com.au before your bed bug problem gets worse.
Receive up to 3 free quotesPost a job