Best Roller Shutter Installers Near You
Roller shutter installation is a complex job and you need to hire a professional roller shutter installer to get the job done.
Here are some things you need to keep in mind when hiring a roller shutter installer:
- Properly trained roller shutter installers underwent rigorous training to equip them with the skills needed for the job.
- Licenced installers passed government-mandated tests ensuring that they are capable of delivering quality results.
- Experienced installers can provide you with references. They can also give you proof of previous work so you can check the quality of their workmanship.
- Professional roller shutter installers should also have extensive knowledge about the different types of roller shutters. A knowledgeable installer can guide you on the selection, correct operation and future maintenance of your roller shutter.
In this article, we will provide you with key information about the different types of roller shutters and help you decide which type will meet your needs.
Roller Shutter Installation Service
Roller shutter installers offer a wide variety of services. These include:
- Estimate – They can provide you with an estimate for a roller shutter installation cost. This will help you get a better idea of the budget you need to allot if you want a roller shutter installed.
- Installation – Roller shutter installers provide the proper installation of roller shutters. Ensuring that all functions are working so you can enjoy trouble-free operation. Qualified installers may also be required to ensure you receive a full manufacturers product warranty.
- Maintenance – Proper maintenance can ensure that your roller shutter and its parts are in good working condition. With proper maintenance, you can avoid possible breakdowns which can disrupt your business or leave your home unprotected.
- Repairs – Tradies can conduct repairs for damaged parts such as the motor, the side frame or the roller shutter traps. They can also replace parts that are beyond repair.
- Manufacture – Some roller shutter installers manufacture roller shutters. This is useful for customers who have specific requirements for their roller shutter.
Different Types of Roller Shutter
There are several types of roller shutters that you can choose from depending on what you need them for and the type of building in which you want them installed. These are some of the most common types of roller shutters available:
Industrial Roller Shutters
Industrial roller shutters are one of the largest and are often made from steel, aluminium, or other metals, making them durable enough to withstand frequent usage. Because of their strength and durability, industrial roller shutters also act as an extra layer of security for buildings and can help protect properties from theft.
Hire a local tradie
Commercial Roller Shutters
This type of shutter is commonly used in commercial buildings mainly to protect the facade of the building. They act as security shutters since they can help prevent damage to establishments with glass facades.
Unlike industrial buildings that often use electric rollers, many commercial roller shutters are operated manually. They can be rolled down or up with the use of a chain and pulley on the side. Saving costs of installation and running.
Domestic Roller Shutters
Domestic roller shutters are often installed on windows to protect against extreme weather conditions. Window shutters can also help protect houses when homeowners go on an extended vacation.
A window roller shutter can be an effective deterrent against burglaries and can help secure your property when you are away.
Aside from window shutters, homeowners can also install plantation shutters that can help insulate your home from extreme temperatures, just like outdoor blinds. Domestic roller shutters are excellent options for homeowners looking for a budget-friendly solution.
Fire Rated Roller Shutters
Fire-rated roller shutters are often seen on commercial or industrial buildings, especially those that store combustible materials and flammable liquids. Fire shutters are often made of galvanised steel or stainless steel since these materials can resist fire longer than other materials.
Fire shutters are not meant to make a building fireproof. Instead, fire roller shutters act as barriers to compartmentalise and prevent the spread of fire to another part of a building. Fire shutters can also help provide a building’s occupants time to vacate a building before the fire can spread.
Getting Quotes from Roller Shutter Installer Near You
If you’re planning to get a roller shutter installed in your building or your home, you need to get an accurate estimate of how much the installation will cost you.
A convenient way of getting quotes for a roller shutter installation service is by posting a job on HIREtrades where you can receive up to three free quotes from the best local roller shutter installers in your area.
After receiving quotes from tradies you can start checking the background and credentials of the tradies to ensure that you are hiring the best option for you. Look for value and quality in product and installation, not necessarily the lowest price.