It’s true that plumbing is a basic necessity in any home or place of business. If you’re building a new house or commercial structure, having a plumbing service is one of the most important things.
What is Plumbing?
Plumbing is a system of pipes or conduits used to carry water from its source to the desired destination. Heating and cooling fluids can help regulate the temperature in a house or building, making it more comfortable for occupants.
The concept of plumbing came from the influence of Rome and was derived from the Latin word plumbum, which means lead. In those ancient years, lead was used mainly for water supply systems because of its flexibility in any shape. However, at present, materials such as metal, steel, and plastic are often used in production.
Different Types of Plumbing Services
Plumbing fixtures such as pipes, gutters, and other equipment are installed, repaired, and maintained to ensure their overall convenience. Here are a few areas to take note of:
- Water supply: A very common plumbing task that deals with water taps, pipes, and irrigation. Plumbers who specialise in water system installations (hot and cold water) are skilled at constructing, repairing, replacing, and maintaining the overall system.
- Drainage: Work that involves laying and securing stormwater that carries many pollutants and other debris. Installation of sewage pipes and treatment systems will not be a burden for plumbers focusing on drainage systems.
- Irrigation: Deals with valve devices that help control the flow of fluid from its source down to its end zone. It provides support to plants’ growth and usually benefits wide garden spaces.
- Gas fitting: Refers to anything that involves the use of pipes, flues and a control system to supply gas.
- Sanitary: One of the most essential objectives of plumbing is sanitation. This plumbing type involves installing sinks in the kitchen, bathroom, and laundry area. Toilet installation is also a common plumbing work that falls under this service.
Plumbers do all the work with a high degree of care and safety. Whether the purpose is directed at providing ample water supply or maintaining the sanitation within a building.
What Kind of Plumber Do You Need?
It’s not enough to know the answer to the question ‘what is plumbing?’. Getting yourself familiar with the different kinds of plumbers that you can hire is important. However, not all plumbers can initiate a specific plumbing work or address every issue that you may have.
- Water supply plumbers know the process of installation, maintenance and repairs when it comes to faucets, sinks and garden irrigation.
- Drainage plumbers are responsible for digging trenches to initiate the installation and check for possible underground repairs. They can analyse the issue and prepare any design procedure to identify a treatment strategy that helps in resolving the problem.
- Gas fitting plumbers have the knowledge and skills to perform installation tasks involving hot water system units and stoves.
- Sanitary plumbers specialise in sanitary fixture installation and repairs. Connecting waste pipes to the corresponding fixtures also describes their expertise.
You can find and hire Expert Plumbing Services in Australia through HIREtrades we have networks of experts located in different parts of the country such as:
Plumbing services in Melton and more.
HIREtrades is a one-stop online marketplace for connecting consumers and businesses, covering 200+ trades and serving all states across Australia. Visit our dedicated Plumbers page or Get A Quote by filling out our quick and easy form.
Receive up to 3 free quotesPost a job